Mutton Liver Fry

I'm a pure non-vegetarian, yet i hate mutton liver. My mom used to make mutton liver curry (Check recipe here), which I don't like till today. But I learned that recipe coz my hubby loved it when my mom prepared. 

You Need:

Liver  - 1/4 kg 
Onions - 2 small  nos
Dry Red chilli - 1 no
Pepper powder - 2 to 3 tsp ( according to your spice level)
Coriander powder - 1 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Ginger- Garlic paste – 1 tbsp
Curry leaf - few leaves
Salt - To taste
Oil – For fry


Chop the mutton liver into small pieces. Cut the onion into small pieces and grind into fine paste. Take a non stick kadai, add oil to fry the onions. Fry till color is changed to light golden brown color. Add curry leaves and stir for few more min.

Add ginger garlic paste and stir for a min. then add all the spice powders and salt. Add little water and cook covered till the masala raw odour has been removed.

The masala should be well cooked. Now add the mutton liver and add water for the liver to cook. Don't overcook as it becomes hard. That's the reason, masalas are first cooked and then liver is added.

All the water should be evaporated and masalas should be well coated with the liver.


I saw fry recipe from other food blog...I thought of giving it a try. Since then, I started to do this dish frequently. Trust me, Mutton liver fry is the most mouth watering recipe one can have.

Goes well with rasam and curd rice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...